View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 08:26 PM
Power User

Okay, Time to lay the smack down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTUpower
Connclark: There are going to be a tiny fraction of engines that do not come with the boost set at a level designed for the highest HP the engine could ever give. As your past posts in this thread and others "show", gains nearing 1% may be possible.
If you would do the math based on the dyno results of just adding an intercooler its almost a 3% increase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTUpower
What cost on the whole of the engine is unknown, but perhaps the engine was designed with this factor in mind. We all know that every engine built can be "tuned" to produce more HP. Where are you going with this idea of yours? Do you really think mechanical engineers designers have not thought what you are thinking? It is known and proven (by actual repeatable testing, not online or computer studies, but backed up by these) that adding a intercooler to Mercedes diesels without adding fuel does not increase HP, so why are you trying to prove it may on other engines here? Take your arguement elsewhere so that you can convince others who have an engine that this may work on of this truth. If yo think it works on Izusu's , go to a Izusu forum, or a Ford forum.
Now this is a total sign of desperation on your part, you trash talk me once and then do it again before I have a chance to respond. You first state its not possible to get more power with out adding more fuel on all diesel engines. When confronted with dyno results and a paper on a scientific test you now say its may work on other engines but not a mercedes.

Ring the bell, school is now in session

In your fourth post of this thread you said "If it was or is a simple as adding boost or intercooling to any engine to make more HP you have made the discovery of the century". I cannot take credit for this discovery. For one I didn't discover it, and another the discovery is over 100 years old. In 1882 Sir Dugald Clerk discovered that the thermal efficiency was based on compression ratio. It has been tested and confirmed several times on several different engines running several different combustion cycles. It doesn't take a genious to see that a turbo does some of the work compressing the air and recovers some of the energy to power the work done. The turbo becomes part of the combustion cycle of the piston. The more boost it produces the greater the over all compression ratio of the total cycle. The greater the over all compression ratio the greater the thermal efficiency. The greater the thermal efficiency the greater the amount of power you can extract from the same amount of fuel. This is a fundamental principle of thermodynamics and has been proven time and time again mathematically, scientifically, and in the real world.

I have done computer simulations. I have found scientific tests. I have found dyno tests. They all agree with what I have stated. Your turn, lets see a computer simulation, a scientific test, and even a dyno that disproves it.

I may not spell or type very well, but I have my thermodynamics down pat.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/fe-graphs/sig692a.png