View Single Post
Old 02-19-2006, 10:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82300sd
#1 I don't have a surge damper vacuum. What is the effect of this piece?

EGR Connections #2 is not connected #3 is connected behind the firewall (to brake master? i'm not sure what that round thing is.) and the other one is connected to the vacuum control valve. But it seems i lack 1 y connector there.

#4 I'm wondering of there is supposed to be vac line connected in this opening?

#4a I suppose this is my feed line. Isn't it supposed to be connected to #4 via a Y connector? If I remove and transferred this to #4, will it cause any leak or problem from where i unplugged it?

#5 I suppose connects to the transmission.

#6 connects to the over boost valve that bryan might be referring to.

#7 connects to the ALDA via the Y connector.

#8 goes to the cabin. I also noticed that I don't have the yellow thing like the one on the boostbenz pic. What is the effect of this? My vacuum doorlocks are not working anymore since the it doesn't have the a motor/vacuum located in the trunk when I got this car.

#9 I'm not sure whether this is the right connection for this link. I don't have any idea where this red line goes to.

#10 Came from the EGR. I am really wondering if this is the right connection. Maybe this is where my brake problems arise.
#1: The surge damper cuts the occillations in the system due to the changes in vacuum upstream of the VCV. It's a dealer item......not too costly.

#2: It's not connected, but, where does the other end go??

#3: This is the vent line. I does nothing more than add fresh air to the system when the vacuum drops. You can leave it.

#4: There is a vacuum line that is properly connected here. It T's into the vent line to the cabin. Since you don't need the EGR, reroute the vent line (#3) directly to this port.

#4a: This is a brown vacuum line?? I can't tell where either end of it goes.

#5: Yes, it goes to the vacuum modulator on the transmission.

#6: Yes, that's the line from the manifold to the overboost valve. This is the line that typically gets plugged with soot. You need to remove it periodically and clean it out.

#7: That's the line from the overboost valve to the ALDA.

#8: This is the main problem. If this line goes into the cabin, the only possibility is that the PO decided that he wanted a boost gauge. The line measures pressure. So, if there is no boost gauge connected inside the cabin, then you MUST remove this line and plug it........better yet........get rid of the "T" altogether.

#9: I'm not clairvoyant.......either. You need to show where the ends go. That line might simply be one of the main vacuum supplies that provide vacuum to the doors or the climate control system.

#10: If this is the vacuum supply to the EGR, you can reroute it and feed the VCV directly. All the lines from the EGR can be eliminated. HOWEVER, you MUST HAVE a vacuum restrictor in the line to the VCV. It's a small plastic piece with two nipples and it has a small orifice inside. This is critical. Without it, the entire system won't work properly.

I posted the vacuum diagram for the SD for you to specifically note and understand it. It's much better to work from a specification and return to that specification.