View Single Post
Old 02-19-2006, 01:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82300sd

Sorry for my ignorance. Problem is I don't know which one is the supply line. I don't know where #62 on the diagram is located.
The supply line will terminate into the main vacuum line from the vacuum pump to the brake booster. All vacuum comes from this line. The restrictor, #62, needs to be placed in the line before the VCV. The vacuum T's into the VCV and continues on to the transmission.......like you originally had it setup.

Quote:

Before I replumbed it, it was connected to the EGR. I removed the connection from the black box and all was left was the transmission so I places it directly to the VCV (VCV-I hope we are referrring to the same thing here ) I hope you can describe to me the supply line based on the picture if it is there.
That's correct. It had a second T that sent vacuum to the EGR. This T can be removed (is removed). But, the T for the VCV must be in place as you see in your original photo.

Quote:

I would appreciate if you can give me the part number of the vacuum restrictor and the vacuum dampener so I can ask the dealer.
Don't have access to the EPC, personally. Maybe someone else will chime in. However, that's what a dealer is for. They turn the description of the item into a part number.........if they have half a brain.