View Single Post
Old 02-19-2006, 03:59 PM
Shmokin

out with the wax 2/2

so what to do ?...Here's what I did and believe it or not it worked...I used a two stage product...because it was a franchise I got the material generically packed but later tracked it down to the MFG.. Part one was to wash the auto off in the shade WITHOUT any soap, glove, towel or any rubbing the car paint..just plain old fashion water, a lot of it..Of course I used any tar remover or any heavy cleaning BEFORE applying the two stage finish.. First stage was a chemical pre-treat cleaner, in essence a compound with no grit..You wouldn't believe even on a "clean" car how it lifted the embeded dirt from the paints pores...then and ONLY in the shade, on a "cool to the touch" auto, I would apply the liquid teflon coating that left the car with a deep rich finish and it even covered most of those swirls that those bodyshop types love putting in your car with a high speed wheel..I was a skeptic at first, but I tell you this stuff had a very high burn off point, it was initially designed for the airline industy to create less drag on planes. I would guarantee unconditionally that one would not have to wax there car again for a period of one year. In the winter I would start my car and run the heat and within 15 minutes most of all the snow would just slide off the car, much like an egg in that black frying pan...This stuff would leave black cars looking like an onyx when done but remember NEVER apply it in the sun..If it dried (about 15 mins) before getting it off the paint it would not be fun to remove, so one panel at a time recommended..I think I can track down the name of the distributor and will post that info for anyone interested....

Last edited by Hammertime; 02-19-2006 at 06:26 PM.