View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 02:51 AM

1981 mercedes 380sl climate control

Greetings,
I just bought a 1981 mercedes benz 380 sl and having issues with the climate control.
Heater:
when I turn the temp wheel to 85 with the ac switch on off and hit auto lo or auto hi, no heat comes out, blower doesen't blow. I can turn on ac switch and turn it off and then cold air starts blowing, but only cold air and it is blowing everywhere except for the three vents in the center. Defrost and bilevel also blow cold air.
A/C:
A/C works and cools fine except no air comes out from the three center vents.

What I've done to troubleshoot:
1. Tapped on the climate control servo in the engine compartment (it stamped manufactured in USA). Checked all vacuum line.
2. Check and replaced the fuse in the passenger compartment.
3. Pulled off the center console and double check all wiring (to my best abilities).
4. Checked the vaccum line on the driver compartment, even unplugged everything and had the green hose go direct to the intake. Still same problem.
5. There is a clicking noise coming from what appears to be a cylinder thingy at the foot of the passenger compartment. Mounted on the firewall.
There is three of those things in a row with what appears to be a vacuum line coming out of it.