View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Dave
No question, but I doubt it's significantly impaired because a union longshoreman in Long Beach - San Pedro is drawing his paycheck from a U.A.E. entity vs. a British corporation. I had a small container shipped via Long Beach when I moved home from Europe a few years ago, and my father had a hard time finding someone at the port who spoke English to help him get it loaded into his trailer - they weren't speaking Arabic...
Yes the Mexicans firmly control LA Harbor. At least the trucking. I don't think they're at the very top of the longshoremen, but maybe there too. This is where big rigs go to die. These guys get a truck on it's last legs and haul containers until they drop. You can't even talk to a dispatcher that speaks (or will if they can) English. If I were a sociologist, studying that area would be what I'd like to do.
All of the vice squads in CA use Wilmington as a training ground. They use the area for about half the action movies you'll see, have a short stretch of freeway built for chase scenes (look for a refinery on the side) and when the LB Grand Prix is on the whole area becomes one big hooker convention.
Side note. The reason for the 3rd/4th generations in the huge hooker community down there seems to come from the attack on Pearl Harbor. The Pacific Fleet was based on Terminal Island and so many were widowed, and without the death benefits of today, there became a bunch of new hookers that influenced the whole area right to today. It seems every girl in LB works the stroll once in a while. One family of sisters even has a certain look about them – Cameron Diaz (from Long Beach) has a little of that unmistakable look.
63 Bug sunroof
85 Jeep CJ7
86 Chevy 6.2l diesel PU

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."
Marcus Aurelius