View Single Post
Old 08-08-2001, 03:59 AM
captgrail

Cool Thanks

Thanks for your reply. I agree with you on the "temporary" fix. I have also had a similar experience with another relay - the fuel pump - I was able to get the info I needed right here on this forum. I pulled the glovebox and relay jumped two of the pins (forget the numbers) and the car started right up. I had a friend solder it for me (I am surrounded by high tech folk here in SF) It has worked fine ever since. I wish all my future repairs could be that easy! This Idle speed relay was a bit different. First, I could not locate it. I looked in the part shop and located the part for a visual. All I could get was that it was somewhere on the passenger side kick panel - I dis-assembled it and didn't see a thing. I don't have a manual. One other thing which I should check out -one of the guys also wanted to change another part (for another $500) that was under the hood. I can't remember exactly what it was but one said "they should both be changed at the same time" some type of temperature sensor that gets dirty? I am not sure if this is the case but would like to get some other opinions. The car has been working fine since it was replaced 2 1/2 months ago.

Thanks

Captgrail
1984 380SL
145,000 California miles
Attached Thumbnails
Idle suddenly increases - 380SL-1984-380sl.jpg