View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 10:16 PM
TEAM MULHOLLAND

I have very VERY rarely seen an E28 in the kind of condition.... 10 years ago sure, but at this day in age most E28's rubber trimmings, interiors, and leathers have split or cracked, faded or oxodized... esp. in CA. But they do exist, and this one proves this. Finding a comparable E28 in this kind of cosmetic shape is tough, most E28's that are in this shape are M5's, and are either in an original preserved state or have been restored.

Because this one is the 524TD, which I think would fall right underneath the M5 in E28 collectability (primarily because its a bimmer DIESEL, which is a RARE bird in the U.S.) I think the asking price makes sense. I guarantee that you will not find another 524TD in that kind of cosmetic shape for a long time. Realistically I think that car will sell for maybe $7K.

I will agree with previous posts- the E28 was one of the more well built BMW's, and there are plenty on the road to testify... but very few are in this kind of condition. The 524's drive nicely, I almost bought one myself a few years back. I am a tall guy though, and the driving position felt a little cramped, no matter how I positioned my seat.

Whoever buys this 524TD car will have a truly special car!

1995 E420
1992 BMW 525i
1984 300D Turbo sold
1993 Volvo 244 sold
1995 Volvo 944T R.I.P!

"The details are not details. They make the product."
-Charles Eames

www.cbs.nu