View Single Post
Old 02-23-2006, 01:19 PM

I have a 98 E300. I believe the setup is the same. Rest assured, it will go beyond that original quote by the time the dealer is finished with you. I'm having my glow plugs changed now. This is the third replacement set for this car. They wer changed out at 37K then about 70K and now again at about 120K. I'm already looking at over $2,000. The head will have to be removed to get to the final two glow plugs. Three already broke and were drilled out. This is also at a good indy. The change at 70K was done by the local dealer who actually blamed the previous installer (another MB dealer) That price was over 2 grand also and they talked about it being upward of 5 grand if the head was damaged. I'm not impressed with the design.

I'm waiting for the Honda diesel allegedly working it's way here. There is absolutely no way they could sell me another new MB diesel. If some older deisel looks interesting I may try it but Daimler Chrysler has seen my last dollar.

BTW, while you've got it apart have them replace the fuel hoses and connections under there.