View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 02:49 AM
Renaissances Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedMech
If you are still ahaving problems Elastometric caulk will do the job it has 25% elasticity. Elastometric caulk is available in a variety of textures and can be painted. I have seen some pretty cool stuff done with it especially with ceramic tile floor and tub joints. The sand texture is used and painted to match the grout, it looks awesome.

http://www.onthehouse.com/wp/19971103
Good link. I know I've seen caulking that adverstised silicone fortification but with water clean-up. It's weird how some products just go missing now and then. I checked two maybe three stores and they didn't have any kind of caulking rated for kitchen and bath 'cept straight silicone.

Right now, I can't find the Stanley tape measure I like -- the 25' lever lock. I liked the older version, the square looking one -- they discontinued that, I reluctantly came to like the new one, now it's no where to be found -- checked several stores in my travels. Hopefully, it's just so popular they can't keep 'em on the shelves.

That part about having to redo the caulk a few times as the house settles, oh man, if that's what it takes. I'll have to take a look in a few months. I have no doubt we'll be showing our faces around there off and on for a while.