View Single Post
Old 08-10-2001, 01:31 PM
Strong, silent type

Euro headlights for W126 S-class

Like many of us in this forum, I am considering changing to Euro lights in my car (Heck, what else can I possibly do with my half of the tax rebate check. I say half, because California being a community property state, my better half gets half of the rebate. )

Anyhow, I did a search (JCE, aren't you proud of me?) but alas, the information that I found relates to Euro conversions on W124 cars. So here are my questions:

1. Does the conversion to Euro headlights in a W126 sedan involve the same issues with the headlight wipers as the conversion in a W124 sedan? In other words, will I have to change my headlight wiper assembly in order to accommodate the Euro headlights?

2. If the answer to #1 above is yes, then what does the process involve? Do I have to get new wiper motors? New wiper blade arms? New wiring? New fascia?

3. Does anyone know of a "fix" to this issue (for W126 sedans) so that I, the original Mr. El Cheapo, may avoid having to spring for a new wiper assembly for each light? (I briefly considered doing without the wipers, but I sort of like having them.)

I'd like to hear from W126 owners who have actually swapped the U.S. issue headlights for the Euro ones.

Many thanks in advance.

EJ

1989 300TE "Alice"
1990 300CE "Sam Spade"
1991 300CE "Beowulf" RIP (06.1991 - 10.10.2007)
1998 E320 "Orson"
2002 C320 Wagon "Molly Fox"

Res non semper sunt quae esse videntur

My Gallery

Not in this weather!