Thread: V-12 int 107
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 09:45 PM
roflmonster

Yes, it may possibly be. To me, there is nothing better than hearing the snarl of the V-12 as it pulls to the redline, and then shifts. It is just such a wonderful sound that can not be duplicated by any other motor. You feel the power spool up and that SOB take off. It eats up the marks on the speedo like none other. I agree a 107 with a V12 would be awesome, not to mention unique. Yes, you can get a ford or chebby motor with more power and more sound, but there is just something special about that 3 pointed star on the top of the motor, saying its a Mercedes. It tells you that someone put his heart and soul into a car to give you an automobile that is unmatched by anything else, and something that cannot touch its class.

When you pull up to an event, and people see that 3 pointed star, they know you have made it, and when you modify that 3 pointed star, you lose something unique to it. I have ridden in a friends 190E 5.0 (ford), and I must say that it is just not the same as having a Mercedes V8 under the hood. It makes you smile everytime you drive a car with a heart and soul, so you should keep its classand elegance by leaving it a pure 3 pointed star. I mean mod away, as long as you do it with Mercedes Genuine parts.

91 560 SEC AMG - other dogs dd
01 Honda S2000 - dogs dd
07 MB ML320 CDI - dd
16 Lexus IS250 - wifes dd

it's automatic.