View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 11:55 AM

Polygamy in Ceder City AZ

Saw an update on this story on 20/20 the other night. Sickens me that this is tolerated here, and from the report there must be a psych hospital in Flagstaff that empowers them somewhat, by treating those women that don't obey their husbands.
What sickens me though isn't the idea that maybe some women would find this sort of arrangement a plus, or that after wars or where there were only a few good men it might even be important. It's the way they preach the rightness of it to the kids and seem to under the table cater to a masculine lust for abusing young girls. I've known so many women that have been ruined by abuse that it really affects me.
As I watched the program, and what they didn't address, is how this group earned the money to afford some of the huge compounds they lived in, or fed all the little kids. It also seemed they were really unattractive which is the opposite of what I'd expect.
It's been a long time since the Indians killed so many of the Mormon men that they had a reason for promoting this. Why doesn't their church put an end to it? How can this be allowed to continue?
63 Bug sunroof
85 Jeep CJ7
86 Chevy 6.2l diesel PU

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."
Marcus Aurelius