View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 01:05 PM

Among consenting adults, is one thing. Whether many of these women are consenting or brainwashed is another matter. Kids raised in this environment don't have a full set of data. It seems we're in an age where people are more able to be manipulated by advertisers or film and less raised. That's not stated correctly but the pressure for acceptance or to be part of some group seems to me to be making people, in larger urban areas at least, more gullible. My sense of it anyway. I mean – Why'd you really buy a Merc – makes sense or to impress.
All of this cowboy homo movie stuff is starting to make me face that fact that, as open minded as I think I am, I'm not. The whole thing gives me the creeps. Intellectually, I don't care what adults want to do as long as it does not adversely affect my family, but now, for the first time ever, definite lines are being drawn in my mind about appropriateness. How can a movie that nobody wants to see be the best? What is the affect of letting kids think this is normal or desirable for people that somehow have some gene or not – well maybe that's what it's about – I'll never know unless somebody tells me. How many women married to some guy who just can't bring himself to tell her he's bored with her, or just not into sex with her any more, start thinking he's gay? I did hear that part of it. It's how many socially retarded kids with no genetic trait to gayness think maybe just to have some friends, or a fear of girls or something, get into this lifestyle, because it must be OK?
Wow this is a sharp turn from Ceder City and I need to clear some land today, so I'm off – this could turn into an essay I'm afraid.
63 Bug sunroof
85 Jeep CJ7
86 Chevy 6.2l diesel PU

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."
Marcus Aurelius