View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 04:29 PM

'02 C230 Kompressor - Issues

Hey everyone!! I hope you all are doing well... I took my car to Mercedes the other day because I get this loud, deep groan when my car is coming to a stop and I am slowly applying my brakes. I starts out quiet, then gets louder and louder until I come to a stop. Sometimes it happens as I am turning the wheel, but it is the worst if I am turning and braking. It doesn't happen all the time. So anyway, back to the point, Mercedes drove the car for 10 minutes, didn't hear it and decided nothing was wrong with it. So after my service advisor got an earful, I told him not to touch my car for the other repairs. So what could be the cause of this noise? And how easily can it be fixed?

Same visit, I was told I need to replace my brakes and rotors for the small fee of my pinky finger. I didn't get any warning on my little computer thingy, so what's the deal with that? Is it normal to have to replace your rotors? I have been told no, but those people didn't have mercedes'.

Now... a while back I posted something about mercedes not changing my oil and saying they did. Well... I was in Houston a few weeks back, and my car was telling me I need to add oil. I don't believe this is normal for me to have to add oil between intervals, so this may prove my point about them not changing my oil and saying they did, right? I had to add 2 quarts!

Also, I need to buy a new cupholder and a new shift gate cover (I think that's what it's called). Anyone know where I can find these things?

Agh... my cars broken all over the place!! Thanks in advance for your help, ya'll!

Nesreen