Thread: 300SDL AC woes
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 08:37 AM
Stella!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J
Thanks R Leo for the encouragement...

Well, you know the other day, when it was 80 degrees out, I had a puddle of water under the car, just like AC condensate dripping.

And at this point of time, I have almost no leaks hitting the ground. If the car sits for a couple of weeks, I get a spot of transmiission fluid about a quarter inch across.
FWIW, the condensate drain is on the left side of the tranny hump, just behind where your right heel would be with your foot on the throttle.

If that's all the leaks you have, you are either in grand shape or, there's no oil in the crankcase and no coolant in the radiator.

My SDL is most definitlely a love-hate relationship. I only had to give $650 for it, mainly because at the time it would only run about 40mph on level ground. I knew full well that it had been seriously abused (it's had a salvage title since the early '90s) and a lot of the systems didn't function but, her main purpose was to be a classroom for learning how to work on the 126 chassis and 603 engine. It has been that, and much more... BTW, the no power condition was the easiest fix so far.

That all said, I absolutely love to drive that car on the highway. And yes, it's a sickness...