View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickg
Officially "the church" banned this practise many years ago. Like in 1890. I heard about this TV program, but didn't actually see it for myself. Been there, done that. But one thing I did hear about it, is that they apparently didn't differentiate these groups from "the church", giving unknowing people the impression it's still practiced/allowed.
Let me just make it clear:
IT IS NOT ALLOWED!!!
Those who participate, are summarily excommunicated. Period.
I hear you, but I can not read you. These groups identify themselves as Mormon. Why doesn't the church lead a movement to end what brings shame to your faith?
Arizona is not as Mormon as Utah, but there is a strong presence in rural areas. I know you didn't see the show, but one thing that totally shocked me is that a mental health clinic in Flagstaff held women in confinement for treatment. This clinic is regular Mormon. What was their mental illness? They didn't obey their husbands, and wanted out!!!!

Let me amend my statement about the clinic being straight Mormon. It was clear that it was to large a facility to be owned by these people from Colorado City (I don't know where I got Ceder City from other than I've stopped there for gas) and Flagstaff is a good deal away from there. That wasn't completely clear and I'm making an assumption.
63 Bug sunroof
85 Jeep CJ7
86 Chevy 6.2l diesel PU

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."
Marcus Aurelius

Last edited by crash9; 03-07-2006 at 11:47 AM.