View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 12:51 PM
Watching SB LII every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry edwards
Bought a new (to me) motorhome over the weekend--82 Bluebird Wanderlodge. Plan to tow a car on some trips. Since neither MB is towable with 4 wheels down without some modification, I'm considering towing rear wheels up on a tow dolly. Anyone have any experience with this? Are tow dollys too much of a headache? Would it be better to buy an older manual tranny vehicle and tow with a tow bar?
i thought about doing that when i moved last year. i was trying to avoid d/c ing the driveshaft in order to tow the sd (w/ a suburban). i was told not to tow a car that way for the reasons already described. i d/c'ed the driveshaft and found that driving while towing w/ the tow dolly was o.k. i drive cross country alot and notice way more motorhomes towing with tow bars, though.

James 4:8

"...let us put aside the blindness of mind of those who can conceive of nothing higher than what is known through the senses"
-Saint Gregory Palamas, ---Discourse on the Holy Transfiguration of Our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ

Centrally located in North East Central Pa.