Thread: Parts, anyone?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 10:17 AM

Parts, anyone?

Found a backyard with a wrecked '83 SD, and a couple of 123-bodies, yesterday. Stopped in to see if I could find a few parts for my 116. Spent a little time with the old feller. He wasn't feeling too well, so I didn't keep him out in the wind for long. He wants to get rid of these old cars; the 123's part by part, and the 126 he would sell outright.

The 126 has been wrecked and is missing the engine. From what I saw of it, the center console wood, including all switches, is in really good condition as is the wood and switches for the climate control. Seats were leather (blue) in fair condition -- definitely NOT broken down. Seat switches were broken, though. Inside door trim looks good. Did not explore the rear seats or doors. He is ready to "junk" the 126.

The 123's got the least of my attention. He wanted to get back inside, and I got the impression that he didn't exactly relish a stranger rummaging too much, so I left with an agreement that I could stop by later to look closer.

If you have a need for 126 or 123 parts, let me know. I'll make a list of wants and needs for my return trip, try to negotiate a decent price, and remove the parts, contact you with a price, clean them up, and ship.

Does anyone know if the seat frames are the same for a 126 and a 116? My driver's side seat is shot, and I'm down to pool noodles if his frames won't work for me.