View Single Post
Old 03-11-2006, 06:09 AM

No story like that from a dealer, but a private sale. Before I got my 300SD I was looking for a MB for a while. I came across one on the internet somewhere. (classified ad)

The guy described it as "the creme de la creme". The picture looked incredible! He also described as not a scratch, purrs like a kitten.

My bro-in-law and I drive the almost 2 hours to look at the car. I couldn't believe what I saw. There was a scratch on every body panel down to the metal. I was touched up with one of those small bottles with the little brush. Needless to say it looked like ****. As I started it he told me that it was his father's car and that his father was dying in the hospital. We discovered that the exhaust needed replaced along with alot of other things. The motor shook violently and we concluded that the head gasket was blown due to the white smoke from under the car that never went away. I was looking in the glove box and found receipts from past repairs and there were names on them. 3 different names! None of them was the same name this guy gave me for his father. He started at like $4,000. After we saw everything that was wrong with the car I wanted nothing to do with it. My br-in-law was still haggling with him as I was walking away. I heard him say "how much will you give me" When we left he had him down to like $1500.

Funny thing about the story. As me and my br-in-law walked around the car the guy was real shaky and never let either one of us walk behind him. Just weird.
'79 Kawasaki KZ 650
'86 Kawasaki KX 250
'88 Kawasaki KDX200
'71 Hodaka Ace 100
'72 Triumph T100R