View Single Post
Old 03-12-2006, 08:22 PM
1/4 German Sucker

Not on your list, but...

Auto Europa on Cleveland in Albany/Berkeley.
510/528-3196 -Steven Lukacsy

Steven is Great, had worked on our 72 280SE 4.5 for over twenty years prior to us owning it. We had the heads done elsewhere stupidly, and when it didn't come out right, we found one of Steven's old invoices precariously placed in the car and called him up. Once we told him the color of the car (light blue) he instantly replied with the PO's name and told us we weren't allowed to have anyone else touch it in a humorous manner. He did an extensive inspection and replaced some electrical connectors, did the FI trigger points, and re-set the timing and idle back to where it should be, and the car runs better than my new F-250....

Needless to say, our previous shop did a shotty job, and even told us our wiring harness was trash. Thankfully Steven didn't have any hard feelings about us getting the heads done elsewhere, and did a great job for a reasonable price for us, which is important on a college student budget.

He'll even meet you at the train station if you need him to!

Current Headaches:
'72 280SE 4.5 - 120k (Rebuilt Motor, now just a weekend driver)
'06 F-250 Crew Cab 4x4 (102k in 2.25yrs)
'06 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4x4 (My wife's S-Class)
'85 GMC Suburban 2500 (Lifted, Built 350) The new camping rig.

Former MB Headaches:
'66 250SE 4-spd Black w/vinyl top
'67 250SE Auto British Racing Green
'71 220D Family project car, now in lucky hands of my sister and brother-in-law. Finally someone's DD again!