View Single Post
Old 03-14-2006, 10:19 PM

I have a good friend who works for a dealer in a major metro area. His honest opinion is that none of the techs there know how to work on aything more than about 5 years old. Having come from my shop as one of the techs who only worked on "newer" cars he was surprised to find that he was the only one who actually knew how to fix '95 and older models.
The moral is that your car is becoming obsolete in the terms of technician knowledge. The classes that taught techs how to work on those cars was 10 years ago. How many dealer techs have 10 years of tenure?
I ask this because there are several different problems that can cause your code 2. The least likely of which is the actual module. A tech that isn't familiar with the system and how to daignose it will end up costing you a fortune. Your best bet would not be the dealer unless they have an older tech driving the same car for a daily. I'd reccommend that you find a good independant shop capable of performing a thorough diagnosis. Fixing the problem and fixing it right the first time is crucial in minimizing the cost of repairs which, as I'm sure you're realizing, can skyrocket if it takes more than one $tab to "kill" the problem.