View Single Post
Old 08-17-2001, 02:53 PM
JimKiinMA

Question I need a recommendation!

Greetings, MB fans.

I am the former owner of a 190E. Bought it used from a MB-specializing dealer/shop. Had it about two months, used it normally, and it became an unmitigated mechanical disaster. After much anguish, the dealer made good on the sale, and I left with a vehicle of another make. There was a defect deep within the engine (crankshaft, etc.) that just caused havoc.

Anyway, the lure of owning a MB is still there, and it is drawing me back. I need to buy used, with a max budget of $6000. There are lots of classifieds and resale dealers that give me a wide selection in my area, but I need to know:

Which model/year for a daily commuter (150 miles round trip) should I check into?

Would I be better served by a diesel vehicle?

I had hoped, last time, to buy a MB and drive it for years. Sadly, this was not the case. Can I tap into this group's knowledge to guide me with another selection? Time is not of the essence...I can afford to wait, and I will travel if needed for the right vehicle at the right price. I prefer the formal-looking body styles (sedan), since they impart a sense of elegance. Beyond that, who knows?

Any suggestions?

Sincerely,
Jim