View Single Post
Old 03-25-2006, 10:46 AM
TEAM MULHOLLAND

Unless you have baked on layers of dust, good ol fashioned car wash soap will certainly work with a little effort. Simple green diluted can break down any build up on the wheels. Treat your wheels like the paint on your car. wash thoroughly, polish and wax!

On diritier wheels, I'll spray some diluted simple green onto them before washing. Then I'll be sure to use the hose and rinse them completely. Then I follow up and do a more precise cleaning with the car wash soap and a separate wash mit once I have washed the rest of the car. If the wheels still need some more cleaning, I'll spray some more diluted simple green and rinse it off when i rinse the whole car down. Then I follow with meguiars polish, color x, and wax.

Once the wheels are clean, I keep them that way by wiping them down every other day with quick detailer and a microfiber towel. I polish and wax my wheels at least once a month... they endure far more wear than the rest of the car.. high temperatures, brake dust, road dirt etc....

1995 E420
1992 BMW 525i
1984 300D Turbo sold
1993 Volvo 244 sold
1995 Volvo 944T R.I.P!

"The details are not details. They make the product."
-Charles Eames

www.cbs.nu