View Single Post
Old 03-26-2006, 01:49 PM
nkowi

FS? `85 123 Coupe w/Factory 5spd

I'm about this close to making room in my garage by selling this car. It's an `85 CE with just over 150K. Manufactured in September of 1985, it's a rather late 123 model - and an exceptionally late coupe. Only 665 coupes were produced during this last year of production - none, obviously for the US market. So, what we have is a euro-spec 1985 280CE with power windows and sunroof, leather, A/C and, the rarest of rare on these cars, a factory Getrag 5spd manual transmission. If there's any rust anywhere on this car, I've not found it. It's not perfect, or in concourse condition, but is is nicer than most any others you're likely to find. And it most certainly has about as rare an equipment package as you'll ever come across. Again, I'm close, but not quite there. A good part of my decision will be based on the sound and expert (some more than others) advice that I hope is about to come my way from my fellow forum members. I can provide more images for anyone who is genuinely interested. There are also forum members in my area to whom I can show the car on your behalf (although this might be a presumptuous offer, since I haven't asked anyone if they'd be willing). As for the $$$ involved??? I'm a bit undecided. I know that nicer-than-most 123 coupes seem to go for around $5-$7K, but those are pretty much all US spec models, or poorly optioned euro ones, and they all have slushboxes - not five-speeds. Suffice it for now to say that I'm somewhere north of the higher end of the price range noted above... If anyone's interested, I'll be forced to come up with a yes-I'll-part-with-this-jewel number.