View Single Post
Old 03-30-2006, 06:53 PM
Dieselsüchtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1983/300CD
You could run that oil straight if you had an inline heater.

http://www.plantdrive.com/page0/page41/page41.html

Maybe a vegitherm and a heater wrap for the filter would be all you need.

30A at 12V thats over 50% of my car's power output just for a heater...it'd probably be better to use a coolant heater loop thing like frybrid sells.

My plan was to put an extra tank in the trunk (a 5 gallon diesel can) and put "in/out" fuel ports on the bottom, and rig it into the fuel system with separate hoses up to the engine compartment from the trunk, then in the engine compartment have an electric selector valve that switched between the main diesel tank and my smaller 5 gallon veg tank....plus one of the frybrid coolant loop heaters....I bet that'd be good enough. This is all only going to happen if I stumbled across an excellent source of clean wvo here in town (unlikely, the city collects it free to run in its own truck fleet) or if diesel gets way more expensive than the veg oil at sams club. Otherwise I'll keep burning dinosaurs as long as I can.....

Side note on the sams oil: It doesn't say hydrogninated anywhere on the box or ingredients....just soybean oil, a preservative, and an antifoaming agent....thats about it.
'09 Sprinter 3500 Winnebago View - 62k (OC - 67k)
'13 ML350 Bluetec - 95k - dad's (OC-98k)
'01 SL500 - 103k(km) - dad's (OC-110,000km)
'16 E400 4matic Sedan - 148k - Brothers (OC-155k)