View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 12:13 AM

If I may add to this..... Also replace your antenna seal if you have water in your passenger rear floorboard. I know it sounds impossible, but I was getting water in my trunk and right rear passenger floor. I replaced the antenna seal to stop the leak in the trunk and instantly, my water problem in the floor also went away. Now my floor is DRY and has been for a long time. Luckily, my floor is still like new - no rust and still paint covered, so I was glad to get this fixed. I suppose water was flowing over somehow and dripping into the floor panel on the passenger rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatt
-W126 trunk leaks: If it's leaking from a "hidden" spot into the trunk wells, check three areas: 1)tail light can leak water in from the seal 2)antenna grommet can be bad and will leak 3)rear window gasket can leak in bottom corner. Hope it's not #3 as this means there is rust under the gasket in this area (common) and needs to be cut out & fixed. It's worse than you can see as it's hidden by the gasket. Get in trunk & have someone spray with hose to find the leak.