View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 04:17 PM
88Black560SL

Hey sometimes working in these positions presents an opertunity. About 25 years ago I had a 1969 Cougar. Now this car had this feature where, when you open the door the stearing wheel pops out of the way (something a 107 could certainly use).

It was a cold fall night and I was repairing the mechanism that released the wheel when opening the door. I was in the car, in my driveway minding my own bussiness and working on this system. I had a drop light through the window and the door closed to somewhat stay warm. I was sitting upside down in the driver seat with my head under the dash and legs draped over the back of the seat.

I was working diligently away when two neighbohood girls approached the car and started talking to me. Every time they said something I had to crack open the door to listen and talk back. As I was trying to get this done they were really being a pain in the ass. So I asked them to get in the back so I wouldent have to keep opening the door.

They got in the back and continued the conversation. Sooner or later one of them started working on my belt buckle and shortly after my pants were off. Needles to say I did not get my stearing wheel fixed that night.

John Roncallo