Thread: No brakes
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2006, 12:39 AM

no brakes

It sounds to me like your right front brake calliper was hung up, causing drag in that direction. The ping, my guess anyway, was a line or something breaking.

If you mechanically incined....good even, you can pull the piston out of that calliper and polish it, reaseal the calliper, reassemble it and it'll be pretty much good as new. But, you may be able to get a rebuilt calliper for pretty cheap. I'd go that route myself if it was under fifty bucks a piece.

It should be pretty easy to find which line broke, it'll be were the puddle of fluid is directly below. But you may, by the time you got it home, leaked most of the brake fluid out and it could be a littl more difficult to locate the leak

You may have to actually replace the bad calliper and bleed the brakes before you can find the actual line leak. This is because until you can apply pressure to the hydraulic system it has to be sealed up. But first, do like the rest of us would, climb under there, trace the lines all the way through the system see what is wet and what isn't.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80300dbenz
my car had been sitting for a few years when i got it towed the guy slamed on the brakes and they jammed. then i bled the system to free them up. then i finally got it started and i was driving around to just test drive it and it felt like the right front brake was locked so in my drive way i heard a *TING* and no more brakes. The pedal goes all the way down. And i felt the right front wheel it was *HOT* burning hot. what has happened now?