View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 09:17 AM
Ignoramus

Hello Tom!

I'm not going to let it rust away into nothing. I forgot to mention that the alternator is shot, too.

Right now, I don't have the money to get it back into shape (my parents do, but that's another story)

I mean, I'm happy with the new car and all, but I'd still like to keep the 240 around as a weekend car or something. I just can't see myself depending on that thing for my daily commute. Frankly, I'm surprised that I did that for almost two years.

Now that the warm weather is here, it is time to take action; there's a body shop in town that will give me an estimate on the rust repair. That's the biggest issue. After that comes the alternator, and then the problem with starting it. I believe that the glow plugs are to blame for the hard starts, but at the same time, I'm afraid of any kind of top-end work that it may need. I adjusted the valves a few weeks before I put it away; it made an improvement, but it was still a ***** to start in the morning. It also smokes like a chimney and the idle is rough. Could be the injectors, could be a bad hole.

I think I'll have it towed to a shop for a compression/leakdown test. That way I'll see if it's worth the expenditure.
My name is Michael, and I am an 18 year old binge-drinkin', cigar-smokin', novel-writin', all around unsavory and unnattractive guy. I tell long-winded stories, and I only shave once a week, although I've had to do it every day since I was 16.