View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 07:40 PM
300ce

Yeah, I agree with that statement. My understanding was that the Sports were the only ones out of the three that were designed for shorter springs. So using the same logic, I wouldn't want to follow your recommendation and get the sportline shocks, because my H&R's shorter than the sportline springs. Also, the bilsteins have a lifetime warranty, and my guess is that the sportline shocks don't. so putting them under the abuse of pairing them with shorter springs would wear them out faster.

I don't really know what to do. I typically like to take the "moderate" alternative when I'm presented with issues like this. But in this case, I don't even know what moderate is! Which is the harshest, and which is the least harsh out of the three:

1. Sports
2. HD's
3. Comforts

I don't want a teeth-shatteringly stiff ride. I don't drive my car hard. But I also want my car to feel like a solid german car and not a Cadillac (I'm not in favor of getting seasick in my car ). I have been told that the HD's are 30% less stiff than the Sports, but I can't figure out where the Comforts fall in, which is what my mechanic is recommending. Are they softer than the HD's, or stiffer?

I also don't know how to make sense of the shorter springs. The HD's and Comforts are not designed for shorter springs, so it makes me nervous to use them in my application... I can only guess that they will not reach optimal performance.

Thanks for any additional support you guys can provide. I appreciate it!