View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 10:54 PM

Blackberry Scrap Steel Fixer

I had a post about this car a couple month ago but can't remember what I called it and can't find it

But basically I was looking for a part for my other car and this guy told me he might have one. Turns out I found this car mixed with other scrap cars, scrap steel, and blackberries. It needed a new radiator, turbo, tie rod end, alignment, tires, and a gillion other very little thing but for $300 I couldn't pass it up.

The entire right side and hood had a gillion cracks (like a cracked window) from sun damage and where the previous repaint job primer had cracked. There was some rust and a few dents here and there.

So I have it all cleaned up for the most part now. Engine bay was a mess from corrision, dirt, oil, and mold from sitting for 5 years. I will be painting the wheels next week hopefully along with the splash pan and then putting the rest of the trim peices back on.

I thought I would put on some pics of it. It has come a long ways. Maybe as inspiration for others who see hoopties and want to fix them up. I will try and get other pictures of how I redied the carpets. (it was sun faded blue and white but the interior is black so I dided it back) The seats were already in good condition, thankfully because black is hard to find. So anyway on my weekends I did the body work and last weekend painted it in a freinds garage.

Ohh while posting the pictures I found my old Thread Here is a link if you are interested in some of the other pictures. You can see the type of condition it was in. But now it runs like a top....almost perfect for 290K.

Now I have to learn the 123

I don't have the pics of the interior dying but they are on my dads computer and I will try to get those. He sends very large files so it takes awhile.
Attached Thumbnails
Blackberry Scrap Steel Fixer-300td4-smaller.jpg   Blackberry Scrap Steel Fixer-primered-smaller.jpg   Blackberry Scrap Steel Fixer-side-after-shot-smaller.jpg   Blackberry Scrap Steel Fixer-masked-smaller.jpg  
Sanford, NC