View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 08:33 AM
Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by biopete
Anyway, so giving up on the processor for now, we buy our bio from the distributor. They only deliver 1000 gallon minimum but you can go up with drums and they will fill them up. But better is to get some people together with big containers at a good place and have it delivered. Some of us started a "coop" and got 4 -250 gallon chemical totes. Yesterday, we had 1000 gallons of B99 (99% Biodiesel , 1% LSD) delivered for 2.40 / gallon. A member has a forklift we will use to load one on a trailer so i can take it home. We will probably save $100-$200 this summer alone on fuel (pays for pump and containers ) And its pretty convenient having our own filling station under the carport. The time and hassle we will save on stops at pumps is significant too.
That sounds like a very good deal to me, the only problem is you have to be "based" at home to fill up. Those of us who travel a lot will still need to see BD readily available on the road. I think it will happen, it will just take some time. BTW, do you have to pay road taxes to the distributor in your state?