View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchase
Hmmm,

There are no modifications? Why are you putting installing a heater into your tank then? I am aware of the differences of WVO and Biodiesel but honestly consider them the same thing. External heated tanks and fuel switch valves and having to replace the rubber fuel lines are all non factory modifications that have to be performed on vehicles that run that type of fuel. Even vehicles that run straight biodiesel eventually have to have their fuel hoses replaced. Last time I checked replacing factory parts (rubber fuel hoses) with non factory parts (synthetic fuel hoses) is considered a modification.
rchase, no offense, but you obviously haven't researched biodiesel very hard ... it doesn't need to be run through a seperate tank or heated. You can dump it right in the existing fuel system, and if it's quality fuel it will run just fine. A lot of times they mix it with regular diesel, so you get B2 (2 percent biodiesel, 98 percent regular), B5 (five percent biodiesel), B20, etc. For example, my Jeep came from the dealer with a tank of B2 ... wouldn't know the different, and I've been running the regular stuff ever since. In a lot of states, they sell B2 just as through it were normal stuff ... it can go in any diesel-powered car or truck. SVO or WVO, on the other hand, gets coagulated when it's cold and will not work until it is heated ... biodiesel does not do this. It behaves like regular diesel.

In short: no tanks, no new lines, no flux capacitators.

Heck, I don't use the stuff and don't think it's the nectar of the gods, but don't critisize it on a basis that isn't even correct.
2018 Chevy Cruze diesel, 6-speed manual, satin steel metallic/kalahari--19,000 miles
1982 Peugeot 505 diesel, 4-speed manual, blue/blue, 130,000 miles
1995 S320, black/parchment--34,000 miles (Dad's car)