View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 10:34 AM

Biodiesel final comment

Perhaps your right by no means do I consider myself an expert. It's a pretty new type of fuel and the long term effects are not as well known as diesel fuel. Im just not comfortable being one of the people that will discover the long term effects good or bad. I'm sure some BMW engineers can tell you all about the catostrophic effects of minor differences in fuel formulations. Many V8 Equipped 5 series and 7 series cars are driving around on new engines because of these minor differences. Until I read the time tested research performed by trained engineers I won't be using it in my car.

My car has its original engine and Injection pump and I would like to keep it that was as long as possible. When I can get real diesel that the engine was designed to run for the same price (depending on how you do your math) why would I want to hassle with hauling putrid oil, dealing with toxic chemicals and pissing off my neighbors?

For those of you who run the stuff Im very glad that your saving money and sticking it to big oil. I wish there was an easier way to do it otherwise I would be doing the same myself.