Thread: Front Brakes?
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2001, 08:47 PM
Service Advisor

I would go with either some really good aftermarket pads, or some oem pads. I used textar on my car, and could not be happier with the results.

I was going to do front and rear, but my rears were pretty much new, so I figure I'll change them later on. I do have the rears in the trunk waiting to be installed if need be.

Most any car will use the front more than the back when braking.

My 1983 GMC Jimmy that I had, used to go through a set of front raybestos pads every month, The guys at pep boys hated me because I would trade in the pads for new ones at no charge every month. It turned out the rear brake shoes were not in correctly so the car was using the front brake pretty much only. Even after I got the rears fixed, the fronts would still wear out after about a month to a month and a half.

Talk about crappy pads. Once I changed to another brand, they lasted much longer.

Not all pads are created equal. go with OEM, or something that is of equal or better quality.

Your brakes are one of the most important features of a car, don't take them for granted by using cheap pads.

'92 300CE - Sold
2004 C240 - C7 Wheels
2015 ML350 - P1, Pano, Ash poplar wood, Sport Dinamica interior, Running Boards Keyless go.