View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 08:57 PM

Parting out a very clean 1991 190E 2.6

Hello everyone,
I hope this is OK to post here since it is a private party sale and not a commercial endeavor... I'm about to begin parting out a 1991 Mercedes 190E 2.6. The car was involved in a collision that damaged the front right quarter and tweaked the frame a bit, so it's not worth trying to repair.

This car was in our family for its entire life and was meticulously maintained during that time. The interior almost looks like it did when it left the showroom floor in 1991. The car is black with a silver-gray interior.

The engine has 107,800 miles on it. It runs fine except for some hunting at idle when started warm.

My plan is to begin selling parts on eBay this Sunday, April 23, 2006. I sell under the ID "dave2106" and have been trading since 2001. (I usually sell antique pocket watches and parts, so parting out a car will be a new experience for me.)

I've posted 25 photos of the car at http://www.biswebdesign.com/mercedes190e.htm. If there are any parts that you are interested in, please e-mail me at dave@biswebdesign.com and I'll list those first. I will also entertain any reasonable offers on parts if you want to buy direct instead of going through eBay. The car is located in Camarillo, California, which is about 40 miles west of Downtown Los Angeles, if anyone lives in the Los Angeles area and wants to pick parts that are too large to ship. Please don't hesitate to e-mail me at dave@biswebdesign.com with any questions or parts requests. Thanks!

-Dave Coatsworth