View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 10:00 PM

Hi Nate,

Thanks, I too have always admired your car's deep red luster. I'd love to meet up with you if you're nearby, there's going to be another W123 GTG but unfortunately it'll be in June and I'll be back in the Philippines for 2 months. However there might be a third one after that, maybe you could join us. The first one was a blast!

During that meet there was a Petrol Green 85 300D, the shade of green I think is the best for a W123. There was a black one too as well as an orient red (similar to yours).

Olsalty,

Yes Performance Products sells those badges. I got a similar one for my car but the badges are piling up (Mercedes-Benz Club Philippines/mileage badge) so I transferred one to the wagon.

When I have the time I'll repaint the wheels, but there are other items in need of attention (as always...). Your cars inspire me to keep mine in its pristine condition, one of these days I'll have the door dents removed. For now I'll let them be.

Here's a little backstory on my car:

http://www.maj.com/gallery/legomech/MercedesBenz300D/transitions.jpg

Do you guys use an orbital buffer? Somehow I tend to shy away from those, manual labor is still best for me. In fact I'm about to discard my old toothbrush to add one to the list of detailing tools Is that OCD enough?