View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veloce300DT
MBeige-
Its amazing how easy it can be to keep a car clean once you get every crevice spotless.... all it takes is a wash once a week, 30 minutes of light detailing, and a quick vacuum of the interior. I like to wax it at least once a month though to maintain maximum gloss.

Its great owning a W123 that looks showroom fresh... its not something you see everyday, and its even greater seeing others who like to keep their own w123's in the same kind of shape. Keep up the great work guys!
I could not have said it any better! We pretty much have the same system save for a few items I tend to get lazy on. But I agree, once you've managed to get the car clean, upkeep is minimal that you can channel your efforts towards improvement rather than "cleaning" in general.

Here's the link to the GTG thread: http://www.mbnz.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1257708&start=1&fid=10 Hopefully by August I'll be back from my vacation, and a third GTG is en route. The boys are planning a 2nd GTG this June, so I won't be able to make it. If you're anywhere nearby sooner, we could hold a mini-meet as I'm in the OC area mostly and know some folks around.

Curious, what has been the most OCD thing you've (Veloce/Olsalty) done to clean your W123? I've tried scrubbing the wheel wells but I realized that diluted Simple Green works best with a high pressure washer (just be careful around weatherstrip tabs/covers). And this was knowing that the next day was going to rain