View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 07:59 PM

Hmmmm

Hmmm,

Kinda of scary about the sealed transmissions. Even with synthetic fluid a car needs new fluid in the transmission. Perhaps its a way of maximizing profits. Im sure cars like my 126 are not very profitable to them in the aftermarket for anything other than parts.

Speaking of profitable service. I was quoted $1460 by my local dealer for a 100K service on my car. A "B service" at $460 and $1000 for spark plugs. My Independant will do a B service for $200. Spark plugs I would do myself for the cost of parts. Perhaps the dealer does not want "old clunkers" like mine on their lot?

As for the electronic issues that makes a lot of sense. I also read about the downshift switch sticking in another post which might explain my 4000 rpm experience today on the interstate. I don't know a lot about this transmission but certain Volvo computer controlled transmissions have to "learn" your driving style. Perhaps its getting confused between me and the previous owner.

Im going to get the car down to the independant as soon as I can and get its service work done and get its transmission fluid changed. Ill talk to them about the transmission fluid and make sure they understand what's all involved first. I may even go and buy the correct fluid and bring it with me to save them a trip.