View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 12:03 AM

oops...

The band apply pin is still in my collection of "used parts" and not in it's proper place. That is why it doesent work! I made the assumption that it was a part of the broken B2 piston that I took out, and did not realize that it has another job to do. will try the cold vasaline 'glue' trick..
Thanks for your help. Do you rebuild these transmissions for work, or have you just been playing with them for a while? How about rebuilding the manual transmissions in the 240D's? Is that a tricky job, or fairly standard? I was having visions of swapping a 4speed in to the 300TD.. there is a donor car about 20 miles away that may be able to be had. Also I tell myself that it may boost my mileage, as well as being more predictable about when it is about to go south.
That being said, as I recall, the automatic in the car has been shifting slightly harsher than it used to. (and the vacume supply has been disconected since before I owned it) as if it is working 'better' than it was 20K ago.. was going to take a crack at adjusting it to shift correctly when summer/dry weather arrived.

84 300TDT daily driver