View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Dieselsüchtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwitchKitty
Note that most people who give dire warnings against running blends have never done it. Many of these same people want to sell you a cure for the "problems". I do not sell anything to do with running veg oil in diesels and I have driven many miles running blends in my MB.

Run searches for coking, iodine, diesel to get more information. There is documentation that you will find on the web, on this site and at the infopop biodiesel site.

http://vegburner.co.uk/suitability.htm

Check out this link for engine suitability information on injectors and combustion chamber shape on MB diesels.

Note that WVO may refer to anything someone pumps out of a dumpster. It may be contaminated with any unknown waste. If you put garbage in your fuel tank you will have problems. Use only known quality sources of veg oil.

So in reading the stuff on that site, its essentially saying that by design the MB idi diesels can deal with plant fuels as a blend for a looong time, meaning if I used it part of the year and sometimes switched back to diesel/did an italian tuneup on it, I'd be ok? I also have the bosch duraterm afterglow system in my car, which they say helps with the cold/thicker fuel combustion and how it runs at startup.

Does this mean I can continue to use a blend of 85/15 SamsSoyOil/RUG + maybe some cetane booster or power service without any damage to the engine? Thats what I got out of it. I'd only be running that mix 4-5 months of the year anyways.
'09 Sprinter 3500 Winnebago View - 62k (OC - 67k)
'13 ML350 Bluetec - 95k - dad's (OC-98k)
'01 SL500 - 103k(km) - dad's (OC-110,000km)
'16 E400 4matic Sedan - 148k - Brothers (OC-155k)