View Single Post
Old 08-26-2001, 08:21 PM
It had better be a Beauty

Brother of The Benz,MMCoupey
You must have found a beauty to have done so much to her.
With only 110,000 miles showing, she require repairs that mine has just required and some mine has yet to need.
Your Automatic Climate Control is a very complex system. There isn't anything you can't do if you have the talent.
In reading your problems, the foremost items that come too mind are the vaccum elements; there are six of them, mabe seven I can't recall. They are the controllers of all of the various doors/flaps in the evaporator case.
I am the original owner of my 1987 W124030 with 179,500 miles had the Automatic Climate Control rebuilt past June.
I had all of the vac elements, expansion valve, evaporator core, blower motor assembly, all the inside seals renewed, compressor/clutch, drier reciever replaced and converted to R-134A.
As I said opening this thread, It better be a beauty, for to have the A/C rebuilt as I, if you had a $4,000.00 dollar bill, you would need a few extra bucks.
This was the first time for any service other than freon and hoses performed.
When you have to go into the dash of your Benz, be sure you replace everything as it is so labor intensive to have to open it up again.
Whiether you buy rebuilt or new, let your conscience be your guide.
As too the oil problem, do some tests to determine why.
Mine uses a quart between 1500 and 2000 miles on Mobil I.
I would suggest you aquire a set of Mercedes Benz Manuals or the newer CD. Steer clear of the Clymer and Haynes Junk.
Happy Trails Beep Beep from The Spiderman in Houston!!!

Last edited by dlswnfrd; 08-26-2001 at 08:30 PM.