View Single Post
Old 04-23-2006, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoggs
It seems that every time my wife drives my 560sl she has an uncanny knack for finding all it's idiosyncracies. She drove it to work and back today and after stopping at the grocery, the electrical was dead. Luckily we had met for dinner and I was parked right next to her. I immediately knew what had happened-one of the battery cables had popped off, like it does from time to time.

I've tried every tightening it extra tight and it just pops off sometimes. I'm wondering if there is something I can pinch in the connection that will give the cable more bite withought causing a drop in conductivity. I seem to recall seeing something you could put on like that but do any of you have a shadetree solution to my problem?

Thanks.

Jb
You had a few workable solutions. When I had that problem a light gauge solder wire wrapped around the post provided a solution - alternatively, your local auto parts store ought to have replacement cable clamps that allow one to cut off the old clamp, clean the wire and bolt on a new clamp.

Padraig