Thread: Bio Diesel ?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasybenz
With the passat TDI it doesnt loose a drop of power when on B100. Although it does drop in mpg (45mpg hwy) but thats better mpg then the benz anyway.

On our trip to LA she drove to LA on B99 and she didnt notice any differnce in power. On the way back we filled up on B99.9 and i drove the whole way back home and myself didnt notice any power loss. And ive driven it on pure diesel before. So the power is the same on these cars.

On the 300SD when i run test batches of biodiesel in it i only notice a faster idle pace. im assuming its because of the higher cetane. I never pay attention to mpg's so cant really say anything on that but i assume it less then if it was on diesel. When the SD is on diesel it seems to have a little more power but not a major differnce overall.

But the biodiesel gives the car more power in city then when on wvo.
If it has less energy per unit, how can it not have less power? Maybe you don't notice it but the dyno might.

Without a dyno and duplicating the conditions you cannot know. People notice a difference in their car after they put a mod on via the Butt-O-Dyno.

Why would it give more power in the city or highway? How is that possible?
05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
06 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Red
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Yellow
04 Tailgator 21 ft Toy Hauler
11 Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow