View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 11:59 PM
OM606.962 177hp 330nm

Yes I'm still cutting the WVO with about 10%RUG, then blending it 50% with #2. My bulk#2 has also been treated with Startron (tank cleaner) amsoil cetane boost and west marines diesel water absorber. I then may add one or more of the following to the final blend, white jug power service & acetone. I have also started to experiment with ether(instant start) and just got some PRI-D.

RED stuff is usually the same #2 that goes to the pumps, except for the color. Yes free water in the fuel is not good. I like to dispurse it with a dispersant.

Quote:
Was at my "local" MBZ shop today. He showed me an IP that a guy had been running the red [home heating oil] in his car. There were pits all over the valves, the mechanic claiming from water in the fuel so how could that be if in fact the filters are also moisture traps?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill murrow
Thats good to hear! Do you blend RUG in to the oil and run it through the cars fuel tank? Hope the wax thing is a west coast problem.
Great topic here guys. Thanks for sharing all your experience. I must admit I am still just a bit leary.
Cheers,
Bill

2006 CLK 500 coupe Capri Blue on Grey (zoom,zoom)
47,000mi

04 VW TDI Passat 80,000mi
(Techno)

How to eliminate oil dependency through market-driven approaches.
“We could cut oil use in half by 2025, and by 2040, oil use could be zero,”

The Sound of Diesel Speed
Ode to MB