View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB Nubee
Hey bfisher, is your amp mounted to a board pushed up to your back seat? Or is it screwed to the seats?
No, there is a fuel tank in between the trunk and the back seats - and I wouldnt want to screw into that!

What I did is took out the thin molded carpeted liner that protected the fuel tank from the trunk. I put it on a piece of 1/2" (or maybe 3/4", can't remember) MDF and traced it. I then cut this out so I had a perfect fit (requires a little wiggling to get it in).

I drilled a couple holes for my wiring to come through. I then installed sound dampening material to both sides of it (Cascade because I ran out of DynaPro Extreme (although I like the Cascade now that I've used it)) and installed auto carpet to the board (combination of spray glue (everwhere) and staples (on the back)). Cut out the carpet where the holes are and ready to install.

To install it to the car, I bought 3 small 90 degree brackets (Lowes) which I mount to the board and screw it up into the rear deck. I did not screw it down into the trunk floor (I didn't know what was underneath). It is very solid and stable - no worries about my amp moving!