View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklim
And having done your bidding the devil will just go away with no repurcussions? Really? If it does go up to $5 quickly, you think your grocer will still keep eggs at the current price? What about milk or butter? Meat?

I am all for suspending fuel taxes. WTF? They take the taxes and do what with it? Spend it on other things? Look at what we did in WI. They used the tax to pay for something else. I thought fuel tax was for road improvements? That means they have too much money. And you want them to take more? I think it is a good thing we are screaming about it. It makes the representatives do something at least to keep the increases lower. Government having money is like a crack addict guarding the crack supply.
I said I wanted them to take more for fuel, yes. But only if they make it revenue neutral, such as through tax credits or marginal income tax reductions. This was basically what Ross Perot was saying in 92. I don't expect it to happen, because there is less courage in all of Washington than your average Girl Scout troop.

"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement."

listen, look, .........and duck.