View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher
Nope, I just installed deadener everywhere I could in the trunk. No double layers (not sure, I assume it would help but never tried it). It took me forever to install this stuff in the trunk. There are so many places to put it...

I'm a firm believer in this stuff - it makes a huge difference! The sound stays in the car - very little "leaks" out!
Oh, I totally agree. I used it in my last car (the one I competed with) and although the car was fairly sound proof, the deadener sure helped quiet the rattles. I would love to hear a car with a nice system in it that has had the entire car draped in this stuff. You have probably seen them on custom car shows. I have heard people puting several hundred pounds in their cars.

I also thought to put the dynamat where you can not see it. Is that what you did? For example, my trunk lid has some material covering it but it does not cover all of it. I would put it under that material. The great thing about this stuff is, you don't have to cover every square inch of metal.

2002 C240 My first and certainly not my last!