View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 12:44 PM
69 mercedes 220d

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluEyes
Sorry for the delay, the semester is coming to a close so I'm working overtime!

You guys with 220D radiators, how much are you wanting for them? Any shipping estimates to 83501? I'll be able to get repair estimates this weekend or next week and want to compare.

Also, did MB put the auto trans cooler in the radiator? Mine is a 4-sp and I'd preferr a 4-sp radiator if there is a difference.
Mine's a 4-speed. Has a separate oil cooler (engine oil). I don't know the cost of shipping, but it may be a lot given the size & the fact I'd have to build a wood crate to protect it. As I said before, I can't guarantee it doesn't leak, but it appears in very good condition. As other's have said, get an estimate at a radiator shop, or read up & solder or braze yourself. Give me a PM if things don't work out for you & you can check shipping costs from here since you have a radiator. The oil cooler is only 4 or 5 inches wide & same height as the radiator; the two are separate pieces. Since the oil cooler is separate, I bet the trans oil cooler is non-permanently attached too. If your's is fixable I'm sure having it fixed is going to be cheaper than even sending it.